In daily life, love can make all the difference. Think of the last time you had a bad day. Would it have been better if you had experienced a bit more love that day? Nine times out of ten, the answer is yes. Love plays a crucial role in our lives. The word love in a daily context means experiencing a warm, comforting feeling from someone else or another group. This can be something physical like a hug, or something gracious like a compliment. Other times it is just spending quality time with your group of people. During the course of a day, there are numerous opportunities to spread love.
In an article from Psychology Today, small moments during the day where someone feels a connection to someone else is a point where love is shared. Unsurprisingly, individuals who experienced more of these small moments tend to feel more loved. Interestingly, individuals who paid more attention to these small moments of love also feel more loved on a day-to-day basis. This feeling of being loved doesn’t just help people spread love, but it also improves one’s psychological well-being. In a study conducted by Penn State, participants who paid more attention to moments of love during their daily lives began to notice more positive things in their lives as well. When we experience these small moments of love day-to-day, it appears as though we will begin to not only feel more loved, but see more good in the world around us, and as a result improving our overall well-being.
Now that seeing the benefits of sharing love throughout our daily lives are clear, the next thing is to take action. Collegemagazine.com lists ten ways to share these small moments of love in daily life:
- Think about the person behind you: Simply holding a door open for someone who is in a rush can completely change that person’s day.
- Show a little compassion: No matter someone’s mood or choices, extending a little compassion can help them overcome challenging times.
- Say it out loud: Sometimes all it takes to share love is by saying that you love or appreciate someone.
- Be selfless: Sometimes to make the most out of love, you have to be vulnerable and open.
- Practice what you preach: Instead of always asking for the receivable of love, make sure to reciprocate the love you do receive and pay it forward.
- Keep the spunk: Spontaneity makes sharing the love fresh. Rather than doing the same acts of love at the same times and days, shake it up and do something off the wall.
- Listen up: Sometimes all someone needs to feel love is having someone listen to them, taking their feelings seriously.
- Answer your text messages: Regularly letting someone know you’re there or that you’re thinking of them can make them feel connected.
- Commit yourself: Committing to obligations, no matter how big or small, shows others that you value them.
- Be grateful: Making the most out of life’s experiences and being grateful will improve your well-being, as well as the well-being of those around you.
As you can see, there are numerous ways to spread love, and the list above is not even close to being exhaustive. The increase in your personal well-being and happiness are just some of the benefits. So spread some love!
What other ways do you spread love in daily life? Please click here to share your ideas, we’d all love to learn more ways to spread love! Be loving. Take care and stay connected.