A World Without Racism is Equal
Equality Towards Strangers
Equality by definition is the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, and opportunities. In recent years, equality has been evolving and improving in many aspects for people in general. Nevertheless, as a society we are still a bit behind in many aspects of equality in regards to different ethnicities/cultures, gender equality, equality for people with different sexual preferences or different identities etc. In order to advance as a society not only in our country but in the world, we need equality. For a world that is going to benefit everyone, equality has to be present because everything is interconnected. Even the richest countries face inequality socially and economically. There are several ways we can do our work to make sure we are contributing for a more equal environment for all such as:
- If you see an act of discrimination make sure you speak up! You can make sure the person being attacked is safe and call authorities as soon as possible.
- If you experienced discrimination of any kind make sure you get your voice heard and contact authorities, it is recommended not to act with violence in response unless your life is being threaten.
- Be an advocate for social equality, speak up and educate people around you friends and family.
- Spread your knowledge at your workplace, team up with your managers and come up with ways of spreading positivity and social equality awareness if your company doesn’t already do that.
- You can always contribute with what you can to homeless shelters or nonprofit organizations that help people who are less fortunate than you.
- Contributing to a nonprofit organization can be done through different ways such as donating clothes, food or even your time to help with their needs.
- In general make sure you stand up for those you do not have a voice in certain environments and always treat others with respect and dignity.
In conclusion, equality and equality to strangers relies heavily on kindness, gratitude and respect to people in general. We can always do better and contribute to a more equal world with small actions. Equality is different around the world and unfortunately there are countries where poor people have a way lower life expectancy due to their quality of living as an example. Speaking up about issues like this can make a difference in the long run in hopes of a more equal world for everyone.